Saturday 23 February 2013

Back in the game....

....not that I was really out of it to begin with.  Replacement, high flow high pressure, fuel filter fitted and looking good.  Thought it would a 5min job to be honest, but access to the filter is hampered somewhat with the engine cradle restricting elbow space meant it was anything but a 5min job.  So rather than faffing around, up it went on the ramps....floor pan off....bish bash bosch, jobs a gooden!

Fired the old girl up to check for leaks (smutty innuendo not intended) and was pleased to noticed that the oil pressure was registering much higher than usual. On start up it should be making 60psi but since we calibrated the dash I have only seen 58psi tops.  Especially as AB reckoned cold whether it should actually be marginally higher.  Well I'm pleased to say the old girl was doing 63psi, so I am much happier.

So just got to bolt on the floor pan next; do some pre flight checks as I have booked a trackday next Sunday for a bit of a shakedown and hopefully I will be ready for March 23rd!

I'll be sure to report back with photos and video of the trackday.

COME ON!!!

No comments: